Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Introducing milk to the 1 year old

So, my sweet darling baby is turning 1 on Sunday. She has been by far the most stubborn, curious and determined baby I have ever met. She flatly refuses to eat baby cereal. She has found ways around every baby proofing attempt I have made. She started crawling at 5 months so she could go watch TV in the other room (not kidding). Now I am switching away from formula and to milk. I've tried doing a formula milk mix, a splash of milk, a lot of formula, half and half, milk in a cup, milk in a bottle.. She just isn't interested. Today I held her while I "put" formula in her bottle (I pretended to put it in, and really poured in milk when she wasn't looking.) I put her in her high chair and handed her the bottle and some animal crackers, she took a sip, pulled the bottle out with a confused look on her face, and looked up at me like "Mom, you tricked me. How could you?". The bottle has been pushed around the high chair tray ever since. It was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment