Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Frugal Princess Birthday Party

So my sweet baby girl turns one on Sunday. I'm so sad, because she is my last baby and I just did not spend enough time with her this past year. Well, since I am newly laid off, how do I throw my sweetness a birthday party? Why on clearance of course! Here is what I have snagged for her:

Birthday present: A cute sing-a-ma-jig I found in the Valentine's clearance section and a sweet bag to put it in.
Sing-a-ma-jig- $3.50
Bag $1
Total:$4.50

Food:
Valentines Cake Mix with Funfetti- $.49
Cupcake Tins with Heart Papercups- $1
4 tubes of colored frosting $3 ($.75 ea)
2 bottles of Orange Soda (clearance section) $.58
Total: $4.49 (will make several dozen cupcakes)

Goodie Bags:
20 Disney Princess Sticker Rolls (for the grab bags)- $.50
1 Happy Birthday Princess Yard Sign $1
1 set of princess cellophane grab bags $1
3 bags of dollar store goodie bag toys $3
1 bag of jewelry candy $1
Total: $6.50

Decor-
1 Centerpiece- $1
2 rolls of white streamers- $1
1 set of paper plates, cutlery and cups $3
1 plastic tablecloth- $1
1 roll of raspberry tulle- $1.50
Total: $7.50

I've picked up more along the way, I'm sure, but I can't remember all of it. Probably about $15 worth more.

Grand total: $24 accounted for, $15 not so sure.. So about $40 all said and done, including the gift. Have other moms done better? Yep. Am I pretty proud of what I've done? You bet I am.

Any other ideas? Share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment